- In order to participate in any exhibition each artist must be a paid up member of the PAA.
- Please respect all deadlines for submission of artwork and information.
- The committee will inform you of drop off and pick up dates and deadlines.
- All exhibitors are required to sign a waiver and release form prior to the exhibition
- All work must be professionally presented. Works must be ready to hang. Works on canvas do not need to be framed, but if framed must be of a professional standard.
- New works not previously displayed in the gallery will be given priority for each show and as many pieces as possible from each participant will be displayed.
- Reproductions (except greeting cards) will not be accepted for exhibition.
- All artists are required to provide a complete list of work (title, medium, artist name and price) for inventory and commission purposes.
- Participants should provide an Artists Bio (typical information includes art studies, place of birth and residency, exhibition exposure, mediums, uniqueness of technique, art awards, fellowships, radio/TV/press coverage, art related teaching.)
- Group exhibitions will be open to all artist members of the association, professional and associate artists.
- The gallery committee will be responsible for set up and display of all artwork. They will have discretion over which pieces to display depending on available space and presentation. If you have special display needs please provide all materials necessary and inform the committee of details.
- All artists displaying work must spend time at the gallery during the exhibition season. A schedule will be set up and you will be expected to sign up. When possible PAA members or employees will be available to sit during gallery hours.
- Participants must email a list (or provide a printed list) of their works to the committee. Include title, medium (medium in French and English please), artists’ name and price. This information including the artist’s name should be noted on the back of each piece to avoid confusion.
- It is understood that once the exhibition is set-up, no one is permitted to change the display without committee approval.
- An opening group show vernissage will be organized for which each participant is required to bring a finger food contribution. Wine and punch will be supplied by the PAA.
- All sales will be collected by the PAA. All cheques must be made out to the Pontiac Artists’ Association. At the end of the exhibition payment will be issued to the artist minus the 20% commission for Group Shows.
- The committee will prepare publicity, promotion and invitations for group shows. This material will be in English & French and will include logos where appropriate. Shows will be listed in our printed brochure/calendar and on our web site. – If requested please supply photographs/digital images of your work for invitations/publicity/web site etc.
- Applicants must be a member of the Pontiac Artists’ Association
- Proposals for a show must be submitted to the association for their decision by the stated deadline.
- The gallery must be kept open during the regular hours advertized by the association. These may be extended but participants are responsible for the supervision of the gallery throughout their exhibition. When possible PAA members or employees will be available to sit during gallery hours.
- A complete list of works displayed (title, medium, artist name and price) must be left with the committee at the time of hanging the show.
- The gallery committee will assist in hanging the show and will help to organize an opening vernissage. Wine and other refreshments are supplied by the exhibiting artists. According to our Liquor Licence, wine must be purchased from the SAQ in Quebec. .
- All sales to be collected by the artist. All cheques to be made out to the exhibiting artist.
- Artists will be charged a commission of 20% of total sales.
- At take down, please remit the 20% of total sales by cheque or cash to our summer student employee or a member of the gallery committee.
- The committee will prepare publicity, promotion and invitations for shows. This material will be in English & French and will include logos where appropriate. Shows will be listed in our printed brochure/calendar and on our web site. – If requested please supply photographs/digital images of your work for invitations/publicity/web site etc.
During the exhibition calendar the committee may organize solo and or group exhibition(s) open by invitation to professional artists as defined by the membership criteria. These exhibitions will follow the Individual Artists Exhibitions guidelines.