For Immediate Release: July 6, 2015
2016 Queens Arts Fund: Funding for Queens Artists and Arts Organizations Application Deadline – October 8, 2015
(Long Island, NY) Queens Council on the Arts (QCA) announces the 2016 Queens Arts Fund (QAF) funding cycle that supports the hard work and contributions of the borough’s creative citizens with grants for their programming. In 2015, QCA awarded over $180,000 in grants to 39 individual artists and 40 organizations for the creation of arts and cultural programming in the borough of Queens.
On July 1st, new guidelines and the online grant application for the 2016 grant cycle will become available on the QCA website http://www.queenscouncilarts.org/qaf/.
Queens-based individual artists and nonprofit organizations producing cultural programming in all arts discipline and meeting eligibility and requirements are invited to apply to the 2016 QAF grant program.
Deadline for ALL applications is Thursday, October 8, 2015.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ATTEND an APPLICATION INFORMATION SESSION
This is a competitive application process with applications reviewed by a peer panel process. In order to help each applicant have the most competitive application QCA has scheduled Application Information Sessions in locations throughout the borough starting July 29th. (See schedule below).
- Spanish translation will be available at the Wednesday, July 29th session to be held at QCA in Astoria.
- Korean translation will be available on Wednesday, August 13th at QCA.
- Bengali translation will be available on Monday, August 31st at the South Ozone Park Branch Queens Library.
- Chinese translation will be available Wednesday, September 30th session at the Flushing Branch Queens Library, Main Street.
All applicants are welcome to attend any of the application information sessions as well as take advantage of the QAF resources on the QCA website, www.queenscouncilarts.org. These resources include new guidelines and eligibility, the application tutorials, downloadable resources, and FAQ’s.
ALL applicants are required to complete an application information session in one of three ways:
1) View application tutorials on the QCA website
2) Attend a one-on-one meeting with a QCA staff member (see schedule below)
3) Attend an informational group session (see schedule below)
Meet with a QCA Staff Member
Bring a draft proposal to QCA and ask questions about your grant application. Appointments are 20 minutes long and are open to individuals and organizations.
Registration is required for
- Thursday, September 3, 10:30 AM-4:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 8, 10:30 AM-4:00 PM
- Monday September 21, 10:30 AM-4:00 PM
- Thursday, September 24, 10:30 AM-4:00 PM
To sign up for a one-on-one appointment: http://www.queenscouncilarts.org/qaf/
QAF Application Information Session Schedule – Open to Individual Artists and Organizations
Workshops will begin promptly at 6 PM, unless otherwise noted, and last approximately 2 hours. Please be on time.
No RSVP is required.
- Wednesday, July 29, 6 PM
Queens Council on the Arts
37-11 35th Ave, Astoria, NY 11101
(Entrance on 37th Street)
Spanish Translation Provided at this Session
- Thursday, August 6, 5:30 PM
Far Rockaway Branch Queens Library
1637 Central Ave., Far Rockaway, 11691
- Thursday, August 13, 6 PM
Queens Council on the Arts
Korean Translation Provided at this Session
- Tuesday, August 18, 6 PM
Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning
161-04 Jamaica Avenue, Jamaica, 11432
- Wednesday, August 26, 6 PM
Afrikan Poetry Theater
176-03 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY, 11432
- Monday, August 31, 6 PM
South Ozone Park Branch Queens Library
128-16 Rockaway Blvd, South Ozone Park, NY 11420
Bengali Translation Provided at this Session
- Wednesday, September 2, 6PM
Rockaway Artists Alliance
Studio7 Gallery, Fort Tilden, Breezy Point, 11697
- Thursday, September 10, 6 PM
52-19 Flushing Ave, Maspeth, 11378
- Tuesday, September 15, 6 PM
Rockaway Waterfront Alliance
58-03 Rockaway Blvd, Rockaway, 11692
- Monday, September 28, 6 PM
St Albans Branch Queens Library
191-05 Linden Blvd., St Albans, 11412
- Wednesday, September 30, 6 PM
Flushing Branch Queens Library
3rd Floor Conference Room
41-17 Main Street, Flushing, 11355
Chinese Translation Provided at this Session