f you want to enter this year’s competition, here’s how you do it:
- Create your entry in your chosen medium
- Take a photo of your finished artwork
- Save it as a jpeg, at least 170 x 288 pixels and no more than 5MB
- Email it to email@example.com along with your name, age, country of residence and chosen medium. Please include your name and the destination in the file name.
We’ll choose our shortlisted entries and if you make it to the next round, we’ll contact you and let you know.
When you’re creating your entry, keep in mind our useful hints and tips to make sure you have the best chance to be shortlisted.
Hints and tips
- Remember that your entry has to be relevant and appropriate for our global audience – consider cultural sensitivities.
- Check your entry is relevant to the destination.
- Don’t try to create a card design. We want to see something fresh and original.
- Avoid using words in your art, as this will limit its global appeal.
- Don’t include the Emirates or Emirates Skywards logo, religious symbols or images of people.
- Please read through the terms and conditions carefully.
- Make sure you entry fits into one of the three categories – Photography/Digital Media, Painting/Illustration or 3D.
- If your entry doesn’t meet the criteria, we won’t be able to put it forward to the next stage.
- Remember that employees of Emirates or dnata, their subsidiaries, or their advertising agencies and family members of any such employees are not eligible to enter the competition.
All our entries will be reviewed by an internal panel. Entries will be judged based on how well they meet the brief and how they’ll work as designs on our frequent flyer cards.
Ultimately, our members will choose the final designs in an online vote.
Rules of entry
- You must be over the age of 18.
- There is no entry fee.
- Entries must be submitted before 29.08.2015 at 23:59 GMT.
- Your work must be created solely by yourself.
- Your work must not have been used for any commercial purposes.
- Works of art submitted must have been completed in the last 12 months.
- Artists must not have exhibited work in public on more than five (5) occasions.
- Accepted media:
Media accepted: oil, acrylic, industrial paints, ink, vinyl, watercolour, graphite, pencil, illustrations, printing of various forms, etc.
The work can have any form of support: canvas, paper, cardboard, wood, plastic, metal, etc.
- Photography/Digital Media
Media accepted: digital photography, traditional-analogue photography, web art, computer-graphic modelling, software art or works in which several media are used, for example digital manipulations which include the use of painting or other forms of manual expression, polaroids, collages, etc.
- 3D (Sculpture, Glass, Ceramics)
Media accepted: all materials (organic or inorganic).
- The maximum size is 2.5m x 2.5m in 2D format (including the frame if you’re using one). If you’re entering in the 3D category, the maximum weight is 150kg.
- To enter, you must send a photograph of your work in jpeg file format (under 5MB) and submit a description of how your work meets the brief.
- Winning artists will be required to submit their original artwork to Emirates Skywards, so please ensure that artwork dimensions allow for easy packaging and transportation.
- If you win, you must be willing to agree to assign, transfer and convey all rights to the artwork to and all intellectual property rights attached to it to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- To the extent any applicable legal system does not accept such transfer of copyright itself, you must be willing to agree to grant Emirates Skywards an exclusive worldwide perpetual right and licence to use, reproduce and modify your work.
- We asked our members to vote for their favourite destinations. Now we want you to create a unique piece of art based on what each one means to you. The destinations are Dubai, New York, London and Paris. You can submit one piece of artwork for each destination. It’s up to you if you work on one, two, three or all four destinations.
Enter by 29 August 2015 for a chance to win USD 6,000 in commission fees and a coveted spot for your artwork on our 2016 membership cards.